Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder

Saturday, December 21, 2013

I picked up Chanel's Natural Finish Loose Powder a couple years ago while I was on vacation in New York City and I wanted to treat myself to a little something luxurious. And in my defense, I had run out of my MAC Prep and Prime Loose Powder so technically was in the market for a replacement. This is the only Chanel makeup product I own, but I am interested in acquiring more, specifically their lipsticks and blushes.


As the name suggests, this is a loose powder that is supposed to give a natural finish to the skin when applied. 


My shade is 40 Dore, which is a tiny bit dark for my NC25 skin tone, but I can get away with it as long as I don't pack it on, otherwise it can provide an unwanted oompa loompa effect along with the natural finish. Be aware that it is not a completely matte powder, but has some fine shimmers that are virtually undetectable but add a small bit of illumination to the skin (which I guess is the "natural" effect).


It gives me hardly any coverage, but gives me color. It also makes my skin feel very soft and smooth. The fine shimmers in the powder help it to impart a luminous look to whatever foundation I'm wearing, and make it look expensive, if you can believe that. I tend to wear it on top of a fuller coverage powder and it makes my face look more natural and less powdery.


I don't notice it make my foundation last any longer than normal, but I like the natural look it gives. It also doesn't do much to keep my oil under control, but it's also not a mattifying powder, in my opinion. If I wanted a mattifying powder, I would look more in the direction of Rimmel Stay Matte or MAC Studio Fix Powder.

Should I buy it?
Of course, one can spend less than 10% of the price and find a great drugstore alternative loose powder if all they're looking for is a makeup setting powder. I also don't think this is a good purchase if you are hoping for oil control. It gives an almost matte look, but won't do much to absorb the oils on the skin once they start coming through. 
For people looking to splurge on a loose powder, this is one is unique because of it's luminosity so it really does give a natural and healthy look.  A little goes a very long way with it (and it's huge!) which helps justify the price. No, I don't think this is a must-have/blow your socks off product that everyone needs in their makeup stash. But it is a good one, and it delivers on its promises.

Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder sells for 52 USD and can be found at Chanel counters in Nordstrom and Bloomingdales.

*This post was created based on my experience with the product mentioned and my recommendation based on opinions derived from my experience. All opinions are my own and this product was purchased by myself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Form

Subscribe