My Daily Makeup Essentials

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Happy Sunday World,

This morning I felt the desire to do something creative today. I put on a pair of plaid PJ pants that I felt was very festive looking, and a white thermal to make myself feel productive. Usually I wear my PJs all day when I'm at home because why bother changing if I'm going to be going back to bed later today anyways. But that mentality leads to me doing one thing and one thing only, nothing.

So, my "creative" outlet today is going to be my blog. Now, granted I'm sure my blogging skills leave a lot to be desired. But let's try shall we? I felt the urge to share my daily makeup essentials today. 

This is where all my makeup is held....I'm only showing the top of my vanity, but the first drawer holds the majority of my makeup. 


Yes, it's very old! I took it from my grandparents' farmhouse in Canada when I moved down to the US for work and needed some furniture. It could use a paint job, but I actually really like how it looks all vintage-y. Anywho, on it I keep on it a mirror tray I found at TJ Maxx that houses some brushes and jewelry and a ceramic cupcake jar. As well as my Christmas tray of everyday makeup products. 



Ta-dah! This beaut was acquired for A DOLLA (make me holla) at Family Dollar. I saw it and could not leave the store without it, only deciding what to do with it when I got home. It's perfect to put all my makeup in as I can see everything and it's all in one place. But this post is not about the extremely cute holiday tin plate with Santa's face and candy canes all over it. 

This post is about the makeup items that have made it into my daily (and minimal!) makeup routine. I was going to do a mini review of each product, but that would result in my blog post being as long as a college essay. So, I'll just stick to a brief list for now, and give the products a better description in the future. I will say that these products are tried and true and really work for me all the time, whether I'm in a rush or I'm taking my time with my makeup. For days when I want to wear more, I whip out some eyeshadows or some lipcolors, but this is it for day to day. A couple items are thrown in there for me to try to use up, but more on that later. 


Typically I focus more on perfecting my face than doing my eyes or lips. Here's what I tend to use on my face on a daily basis (in order of application):

The foundation I'm currently using is the Revlon Colorstay Foundation in 180 Sand Beige. Love it, but a tad too light for me so I get a little help from another product, the Nars Illuminator in Laguna which darkens it a bit and gives the foundation a satin look. 
On to concealers. I use 2 concealers on my face, both by Maybelline. I use Maybelline Fit Me in shade 20 on my blemishes and the Mineral Power concealer in Ivory under my eyes. I also have an Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in the Brightening shade. I'm trying to get rid of this one, but I'm not a big fan of it. The last concealer I have is a Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette in Hidden Agenda. I love this one (as you can tell from the 4 pans showing) and can use it in many ways on my face. 
My face powder is a BB powder by 12plus, a Korean cosmetic brand if I'm not mistaken, and I picked this up at Watsons pharmacy the last time I was in Thailand. I wear this in shade C2 (but it only comes in 2 shades). Next is my Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder in Translucent 3. I put this on after my setting powder (yes I use 2 setting powders), because it makes anything I put underneath look 10 times better. A light dusting all over my face and I'm good to go! The blush I've shown is a Lollipop Blusher by The Bakery, which I aIso bought in Thailand. I'm trying to use this one up, but I do really enjoy it. It's a sheer peach color and smells like cake. Enough said. 


Now I don't wear too much eye makeup on a daily basis nowadays, but I usually put in my Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer in Light Brown, and follow up with the Essence Clear Brow Gel. If I feel extra pretty, I'll put on MAC's Naked Lunch eyeshadow very lightly all over my lid (I'm also trying to use this one up), and follow with the Benefit's They're Real Mascara (on its way out too).


The last thing is my lip balm. This one actually sits by my bed on my nightstand. Oh sweet baby Jesus. Smith's Rosebud Salve is the BEST lip balm of my life. I do not care about any others. I put it on my lips every night before I go to bed. It is very emollient and hydrating and really heals dry, sore lips. 

So that's it! I do plan on doing a more indepth blog post of this products and why I love them, so that other people can see if they would love them too. But for now, I hope you guys enjoyed this little peak at what goes on my face everyday. 

Much love
-A




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Form

Subscribe