Winter Empties [March - April]

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Empties are my guilty pleasure. I love watching empties videos on youtube, empties posts on instagram. My empties are important to me because every item brings me one step closer to my minimalist goals. It also means I haven't wasted my money if I used something up ;)


One of my goals for achieving a more minimal lifestyle is to not own more than two of any item, ie body wash, lotion, skincare, and not buying any more until I do so. This will not reduce the amount of stock I have (therefore creating more space and less clutter) but also save me some money (less chances of things expiring before I get to use them). Since the beginning of this year I have not purchased any bodycare or haircare, and only replenished one skincare item that I used up.

So proud: 


I used up 3 body washes in the past 2 months. I tend to have 3-4 body washes in the shower at any given time and I really enjoy being able to choose my scent, makes each shower more exciting and enjoyable. Now that it's getting warmer out though, I tend not to use body wash (I just find bar soap more refreshing when it's hot out, am i weird?)



Bath and Body Works Sleep Body Wash in Warm Milk and Honey - smells really warm and relaxing. Not a memorable lather, I probably would not buy this again. I have a lotion in this scent too. 

Victoria's Secret Love Spell Body Wash - I don't really like these body washes, but a younger me thought it was a brilliant idea to buy 7 body washes at one time and I've got 3 left. They don't feel moisturizing, the scents are a little weird, and basically I'm just trying to get through them all. Won't be repurchasing any. This scent is one the better ones from my collection.

The Body Shop Mango Shower Gel - now this one is a STAR. Creamy lather, moisturizing, an absolute joy to use. The mango scent in particular is divine. Smells like fresh, juicy mangos. I will definitely buy this guy again. I prefer Body Shop's products to Bath and Body Works. I currently have the scent Honeymania in my shower. 

This brings my count of body washes to 7 (jeezzzz). So I need to use up 5 more by the end of the year.





Bath and Body Works body lotion in Vanilla Bean Noel, my favorite holiday scent. Pretty basic lotion, not super moisturizing in my opinion. But let's face it, who really buys Bath and Body Works for anything other than the scents. 

Another BBW Triple Moisture cream in Secret Wonderland. Really love this scent, but again, not all that hydrating. I have 3 other body creams left, so I need to use up at least one more by the end of this year. 

Body Shop's Honey Mania Body Butter is not my favorite scent but I still really liked how good it made my skin feel.


Last body care items: 3 bars of soap. 1 Dial (smells nice), 1 Body Shop in Brazil Nut (smells really nice, like chocolate, good lather), and a Parrot Botanicals soap in the green scent. I pick these up in Thailand whenever I go home to visit, and I love this soap.

Moving onto skincare!! Bored yet?


2 Sheet Masks from BioMiracle. These have been in empties before. I use these when my skin is feeling dry, I find them moisturizing, relaxing, and therapeutic. I recommend sheet masks in general. 

HEB Cotton squares:  pretty self explanatory. I have repurchased these, but they aren't my favorite. I prefer Asian cotton squares (such as the Shiseido ones).

Pure Rosehip Seed Oil, used this as a facial moisturizer for a few months, not sure if it really did much for my skin,and sometimes not very moisturizing. I will try more facial oils in the future but I don't think I'll be buying this again anytime soon.

Clean and Clear Persagel 10, probably my favorite acne treatment.

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid toner sample - this stuff kind of burns, didn't really like it.

Lastly, makeup. I only truly used up 3 makeup items, the others I had to toss because they were old and unloved.


I'm getting rid of 7 tubes of mascara. Only used up 2; CoverGirl Clump Crusher and Urban Decay Perversion, both in black. Clump Crusher doesn't give me enough volume, and Perversion smears a bit. Won't repurchase either. The other ones I used a little here and there and either didn't like them or they dried out. 

1 Peppermind Chapstick. Smells like toothpaste, feels moisturizing.I like it. 

4 lip glosses I have to get rid of as they are old as f***. L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm (yes we all know how old this is) in Plush; texture and scent hasn't really changed but I never liked it and will not force myself to use it. ELF Hypershine lip gloss in Fairy, glittery and gross. Annabelle Le Gloss in Super Sweet; sticky and old. Lastly, Clinique Glosswear sample in Cabana Crush, this smells like plastic. It was alright when  it was newer, but nothing memorable. 

2 eyeliners that dried out :(. ELF Cream Liner in coffee and Wet and Wild Mega Liner in Plum. 

1 nail item: Seche Vite Top Coat. Got all gooey before I could finish it. Never repurchased, probably won't. 


Miscellaneous empties. Almost done!


Kleenex Hand Sanitizer, had no alcohol smell, and moisturizing, I liked it. 
Kleenex Hand and Face wipes, nothing special. It was free in a kleenex gift pack  I got from work. 
Flinstones Vitamins - taste good and look cute so they encourage me to take vitamins daily. Yes, adults can take them too.
Real Techniques face sponge - this was getting a little old so I replaced it. Then decided to cut it in half out of curiosity and found mold! Gross!! Replace your makeup sponges often ladies!!!!
2 pens (not shown). Pens are just as hard to use up as makeup and I have a fixation on finishing pens.  I'm the type of person who uses the same pen until it runs out and I am really good at not losing them (I hardly ever lent pens in school and when I did I made sure I got them back). These two pens are from Thailand, I love Asian stationary and Asian pens write really well and are really skinny. 

I'm posting this a little later than I wanted to, so I will probably have another empties post in a couple weeks.

One step closer to minimalist nirvana!!!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Form

Subscribe